Thursday, December 27, 2007

The Influence of Media

The movie High Fidelity has an interesting line in the beginning. John Cusack sits theres with his gigantic headphones on and says: am I miserable because I listen to pop music, or do I listen to pop music because I'm miserable?

It's an interesting point, does the media we consume determine how we feel? Or does how we feel determine our choice of media? (I know it's repetitive) I don't have an answer really, I'd like to think that I alone have power over my emotions and such, but I know that isn't true. It's probably a bit of both really which is how most things like this go.

It's interesting nonetheless, and I might follow this up with some more definite observations. How much does my media influence me? A topic for time when I care.

No comments: